I love natural ingredients, healthy foods, substituting healthy foods for not-so-healthy options. When I received my 32 oz. container of virgin coconut oil from Traditions “gold level” virgin coconut oil, I was excited to try out this new ingredient in my kitchen … and in my bathroom.
What?! Let me tell you more! 🙂
Coconut oil is obviously from a coconut and offers a wealth of reasons to use instead of other fatty oils:
- It helps fight pediatric pneumonia.
- It can be used as a salve on wounds.
- It can help maintain a healthy cholesterol level.
- It can increase the metabolism and can help with an underactive thyroid.
- It’s a great, non-irritating oil to use with those with IBS
- It strengthens the immune system.
- It has antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties the help fight infection.
Get the point? That’s the kitchen side of my excitement. Coconut oil is also good for
- Fighting dandruff
- Acting as a conditioner for one’s hair
- Preventing liver spots.
- Acting as a natural sunscreen
- Fighting acne and
- …and more!
(I’m going to use it as a facial moisturizer and a hair conditioner and will post a follow-up as to my thoughts.)
Allergy-Related Information: All-Natural, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Free
As a result, I’ve use the coconut oil in some cooking lately, and I’ve not really noticed much of a difference in taste. Adam’s not noticed anything difference either. 🙂
Overall Rating: A+
More to come soon on using coconut oil as a skin moisturizer! 🙂
Buy this healthy multi-purpose ingredient here at Tropical Traditions!! They offer great discounts and coupons regularly!
2 thoughts on “Product Reviews: Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil”
I’ve heard it is also good to cook with coconut oil when using higher heat temperatures. Cooking on high heat using olive oil or other oils can actually cause the oil to become carcinogenic.
Let me know how it works for hair!
I loved using it to soothe my stretching, itchy preggo belly! And it smells so…..tropical 😉